Friday, October 15, 2010

Stuffed Strawberries



This summer, my cousin and I celebrated 4th of July by the lake! We fished, talked about sports, watched the sun set and ended the day by toasting marshmallows and watching movies. I was in charge of snacks that day! Strawberries were in season, so I picked up a bunch, got some cream cheese and this recipe was formed! I decided cream cheese filling would be too boring, so I decided to spice it up. I mashed some peaches into it and fixed it according to taste.

Months later, and my cousin still craves them! So the other day, we picked up some ingredients and went home to experiment. I had bought some orange extract to bake cupcakes with and decided to incorporate it. In the end, they were gone in a matter of 10 minutes...!

Non-edible Ingredients

1 large ziploc bag.

Edible Ingredients

1 1/2 cups of Cool Whip.
4 oz of cream cheese. (or half of the stick)
2 teaspoons of orange extract.
1/4 cup of sugar.
1 teaspoon of orange juice.
A package of strawberries.

1. Clean the package of strawberries thouroughly.
2. Cut off the tops and hull out the berries. Set them aside.
3. In a medium-sized bowl, beat together the cream cheese, Cool Whip and sugar.
4. Add the orange juice and extract.
5. Cream together until the sugar is dissolved and the mixture is smooth.
6. Spoon the cream into a large Ziploc bag. Snip off one of the edges of the bag.
7. Pipe the mixture into your hollowed out strawberries!
8. Nomnomnomnomnomnom.

No comments:

Post a Comment